|Using Solar Pool Covers|
Solar safe pool covers offer more than just a warm pool. Of course a warm pool on a cold night is a good thing, but there are a wide variety of benefits that a solar cover provides. We want to ensure that you have the run down and basics on how to use them, and, above all, understand the benefit of owning solar pool covers.
So how do you use a pool solar cover?
- It is actually a very easy process. In fact, it is so easy that you can do it yourself! However, before you begin, here are some simple tips to follow:
- You can choose to place the cover onto the water either manually or with an automatic system
- If you are going to use the manual approach, you may need to get into the pool to ensure the cover is properly placed
- Make sure the cover completely encompasses the entire surface area of the water
- Using a manual system with a crank makes the process much easier
- If you want to place the cover perfectly each and every time, check out the Wheels Solar Cover Reel System
You don’t need to worry about having a manual or automatic system for placing your cover on your pool. However, keep in mind that taking a cover on and off your pool by hand does require time and energy. Using a system makes the process much easier.
It is best that you store the solar cover in a shady area. You take a risk of the material degrading by storing the cover in direct sunlight. Remember, it is the job of the plastic to get very hot, so shade is always best.
Keep in mind that you don’t necessarily need to cover the entire pool to get all the benefits. For example, if you have a kidney shaped pool; it might not be possible to cover your entire pool with a rectangular shaped cover. However the portion covered will still retain heat, or you can choose to buy a shaped cover.
Solar safe pool covers are a great way to save money. They increase the temperature of your pool by up to 15 degrees, which saves money on your pool heating bill.
The covers are designed to insulate and trap the sun’s heating rays, which ultimately benefits your pool and your wallet. The thermal bubbles along with the insulation properties have the ability to retain heat at night and on cloudy or cool days.
So, what are you waiting for?
Owning a solar pool cover not only provides money saving benefits, it allows you to swim whenever you want. You deserve a warm pool, even if you don’t have a pool heater!
Start saving money and start using the power of the sun for more than a suntan! Contact The Pool Guy Store today. We are happy to help and always available to answer any questions.